Thursday, March 20, 2008

My bowling expirience the other day

Dont you just love those stupid things that happen to you when your hanging out with your friends? I sure as heck do! This is one of those times...


Alright, me and my friends were at the bowling alley just the other day. We get there and we all start bowling. Ok I will have to admit I do bowl like a screwball and I have the weirdest way of approaching and throwing the ball. I normally walk right up to the throwing line and I hold the ball with my wrist facing down(which means I throw the ball upside down as well) So Christina and Jessica tried to teach me how to do it “right.” I normally hit most of the pins with my own method but I decided to try their way instead.
So I tried the run-and-toss method that they taught me and well… I must’ve tripped over my own toe or something and I fell flat on my face. It was really funny! (to them anyway) They told me that I have to brake with my heels and not with my toes when I toss it and so I tried again… and it worked. I got a single pin in that frame and I figured that I can do it pretty alright. Untill a few frames later…
It was the ninth frame frame and the score between us three was really close to even. I went to go get my ball and make my frame. But when I started down the lane to throw my ball I slipped again and ended up doing forward splits! (which I am able to do without castrating myself thankfully) But in the process of doing that I ripped the seam of my pants wide open; Just right along the middle seam where the zipper is and the seat of my pants as well! It was embarrassing as heck! Not to mention everyone in the bowling alley saw what color my underwear was as well!(extremely embarrassing, especially where I was the only guy in my group) so I had to use my jacket to cover up untill I got back to school and a new pair of pants! It was a very bad ride home…
I learned two valuable lessons that day; one in humility, and another in bowling shoes. I think I will stick to my own methods from now on…

1 comment:

The Rebellious Minority. said...

Lol. Wow chad your a silly one. But I understand. I can't bow,l period so don't feel bad.